COVID-19 UPDATED 3/30/2020:
Our practice is operating under normal business hours
To our Friends and Valued Customers,
At Southdale Pet Hospital, the health and well-being of your pet is our top priority. As news of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community continues to develop, we are monitoring the situation closely.
As of now, Southdale Pet Hospital is operating under normal business hours but, as new information becomes available, we may have to change our current status of business hours and availability. Please call or check our website and Facebook status for current business hours and availability.
While the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) have indicated that dogs, cats, are not considered a risk for contracting COVID-19, we are taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of clients and staff within our facility.
Appointments are as follows:
- In compliance with the recommendations for social distancing, we will be performing curbside appointments. You will need to call the clinic when you arrive in the parking lot. A staff member will come out to collect your pet and bring them in for their appointment. The staff member will get an updated medical history from you at that time. After the exam, the doctor will call or come out to review options and formulate a plan and deliver your pet and/or meds to your vehicle. We will collect payment at that time.
- For everyone’s safety, if you are experiencing any signs of illness, have any flu-like symptoms including fever, cough, or shortness of breath; or have had any of these signs within the last 14 days, we kindly ask you to reschedule your upcoming routine appointments.
- If you are ill, have been ill within the last 14 days, or have an increased risk of exposure and your pet needs urgent care or medical attention, please ask a friend, neighbor or a family member to bring your pet to our clinic. If you call ahead, we will gladly accommodate your pet’s caretaker and make the appropriate arrangements. Please be available by phone so that we can reach you if we have any questions.
- In some instances, we will be offering telemedicine. Please e-mail a picture of your pet’s area of concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our staff will assist you.
- We also ask that, if you must enter the clinic, limit the number of people to only one.
- Please call ahead for all medication refills and prescription food orders. You can then call from the parking lot and we will run our order out and collect payment at that time. Our partnerships with Hills-Science Diet will enable fast and free delivery to your home of both prescription and maintenance diets.
As more information becomes available, Southdale Pet Hospital may need to alter staffing and hours or ask clients to reschedule/postpone routine appointments and surgeries. If your pet is on any long-term medications, please ensure that you have an adequate supply in the event Southdale Pet Hospital must close.
For more information and health guidance regarding COVID-19, please visit the CDC website.
For additional questions, please contact us at 952-926-1831 or email email@example.com
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we all navigate our way through this difficult time. Our phone lines may be busier than usual, but we will do our best to get back to everyone in a timely manner. We are grateful for you and we want to keep your pets healthy and happy.